QUIMIXTO SURF TOUR
Starting from October and
ending around April, wild waves start crashing to Quimixto
and the surf enthusiasts around town come crawling in. Only
accessible by boat, Quimixto is a surf spot on the South
side of the bay popular to both local and visiting surfers
in the know.
Your surf guide will pick you
up at either your hotel or the cruise ship marina, then
drive you all the way to Boca de Tomatlan where a panga will
be waiting to shuttle you to your destination. Enjoy the
jungle-draped hillside scenery on the way to Quimixto, and
once there whip out your board to enjoy the sun and the surf
for the next 2 hours.
Once back in Boca, savor a delicious
seafood lunch on the beach at Mariscos BajaMar, the perfect
way to cap off your surfing trip in Vallarta.
* Daily at
8:00 AM, 10:00 AM for cruise ship passengers.
up and drop off at your hotel, or close to the cruise ship
pier. Detailed instructions will be specified on your
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* Bilingual, First AID and CPR certified surf
* Drive to and from Boca de Tomatlan
* Panga ride to and from Quimixto
* Surfboard and rash guard
* Surf time at Quimixto
* Lunch at "Mariscos Baja Mar"
* Refreshing drink or soft drink with lunch
WHAT TO BRING:
* Sunscreen (biodegradable if possible), hat and sunglasses
* Surfboard (if you have one, otherwise we can provide one
* Swimwear and towel
* Extra cash for lunch, drinks etc
* About 3 hours
* For those to be picked up from the Marina area, the tour
will run for 4 hours. For those from Nuevo Vallarta, it will
be a 5-hour tour with an additional $10usd per person
transportation fee, payable in cash on the day of the tour.
Minimum Child age is 15 years old with at least 2 years
prior surfing experience.